The Capelli Sport Center (CSC) is closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation focusing on the wellbeing and safety of our community. We are working hard to do our part to minimize exposure and we have already taken measures to:
- Additional cleaning of bathroom facilities
- Physical distancing signage posted
- Hand sanitizing stations near team bench area
- Make additional resource and communication available
- Educate staff on the execution of our health and safety plan
We are committed to providing a safe playing environment and we are regularly monitoring the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local authorities.
As an important partner in the execution of our health and safety plan we would like to ask you to read carefully the best practices instructed by the CDC as well as to keep yourself informed (see below). In addition, please make sure to alert us in the event staff, players or family members have tested positive for COVID-19, have a pending test result or have come into contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We would ask that all teams refrain from shaking hands at the end of the game for the time being.
Best practices instructed by the CDC for illness prevention
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- If anyone associated with a team (coach, player, family member) becomes ill and has symptoms such as coughing, fever, or general malaise, please contact a medical professional; to reduce exposure, consider self-isolation until evaluated by medical personnel; immediately exit the facility; do not come into personal contact with other participants
- Coaches and team managers: Please be sure to have updated medical information and contact information for all minors' parents or guardians that may not be present
Keep yourself informed
- Share Facts about COVID-19
- What You Need to Know
- What to Do if You are Sick
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
With your support, we’ll be able to ensure that the health and safety of all players and their families is a priority.
Capelli Sport Center Staff